Extra fields doesn't get data (SOLVED)

Jun 7, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Edited Jun 8, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Hi at here!

The extra fields I added to Profile ContentPart appear at register page but they don't recognize the data I wrote inside them; Orchard show me a message that say the field are empty but they aren't!

That fields are mandatory because I need this data for user interaction and, of course, the process can't end because they are empty. Aditionally, it renders a Save button that doesn't work also but that's a minor issue...

Any one of you is having this (or similar) issue or figure out what happens?

Jun 8, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I found what was going wrong;

I have the Bootstrap Theme instaled, so I copied Register.cshtml from /Modules/Orchard.Users to my theme's Views folder and added that
This morning I walked around again and I found another Register.cshtml in /Modules/itWORKS.ExtendedRegistration! Of course, it's obvious!!!

Then, I replaced the old Register.cshtml included on my theme (that I edited) and overwrite with the one that comes with the module and it worked fine.

The conclusion is that Orchard doesn't need any action in order to have Extended Registration working if you have the default theme on, but if you have another theme activated (like Bootrap Theme) you have to checkout if there's any Register.cshtm file, if is you have to change with the module's one.

I hope this be usefull for some one else.

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:20 PM
This was helpful thank you but I'm still having issues getting the extended profile to display at all.

In theory adding this line to my AccountController/Register() should bring in the profile but just returns null:
        var userPart = _orchardServices.ContentManager.New("User");
        if (userPart != null)
        {
            shape.UserProfile = _orchardServices.ContentManager.UpdateEditor(userPart, this);
            if (!ModelState.IsValid)
            {
                _orchardServices.TransactionManager.Cancel();
                return new ShapeResult(this, shape);
            }
        }